[24hoursupport] Re: Problem removing old printer, sharing new one

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:22:42 -0600

On 12/27/2002 at 11:39 PM Debbie wrote:
>Have you tried doing a search for those files & manually deleting them?

Hi Debbie,

I don't believe that this is a case where deleting files would help :) If I=
 could determine what files make up all of the old printer install, I could=
 delete them, but I don't have the first clue how I would find out what=
 they are. I'd be very leery of doing that anyway, because the real problem=
 is that the entries are still in the registry and, possibly, elsewhere; if=
 I deleted the files without changing every reference, I could cause really=
 serious problems.

I suspect that I should have uninstalled the old printer before=
 disconnecting it, but it's already gone so that is no longer an option.=
 Maybe I'm missing something simple. I am logged on as the administrator,=
 so it isn't a permissions problem. <scratching head>

Thanks for your response, I do appreciate it!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at