[24hoursupport] Re: Problem removing old printer, sharing new one

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:16:38 -0800

Hi Ron,
Can you remove it from the registry?
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
        System
                CurrentControlSet
                        Print
                                Printers
I think once you remove the old one you may be able to share the new one.

I hope this helps

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 27/12/2002 at 11:32 PM Ron Allen wrote:

On my Windows XP Pro box, I just bought a new HP LaserJet 1200 USB printer=
 and installed it without too many hassles. My old printer, which was an=
 older parallel port model, is still in my printers folder. When I try to=
 delete it, the window locks up and it takes a reboot to clear it. I've set=
 the new printer as the default, but the old one still can't be deleted.=
 Also, the old printer was shared on my LAN. The icon still shows that the=
 old printer is shared out, when I try to unshare it or share the new=
 printer the same thing happens; the window locks up and it takes a reboot=
 to clear it. I see nothing on the MS or HP sites about this... anyone have=
 any ideas?

Thanks,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at