[24hoursupport] Problem removing old printer, sharing new one

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 23:32:51 -0600

On my Windows XP Pro box, I just bought a new HP LaserJet 1200 USB printer=
 and installed it without too many hassles. My old printer, which was an=
 older parallel port model, is still in my printers folder. When I try to=
 delete it, the window locks up and it takes a reboot to clear it. I've set=
 the new printer as the default, but the old one still can't be deleted.=
 Also, the old printer was shared on my LAN. The icon still shows that the=
 old printer is shared out, when I try to unshare it or share the new=
 printer the same thing happens; the window locks up and it takes a reboot=
 to clear it. I see nothing on the MS or HP sites about this... anyone have=
 any ideas?

Thanks,

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at