[24hoursupport] Re: Power Management/Power Schemes

  • From: "gangle" <gangletheglurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:23:06 -0800

Try hitting the APPLY button before OK.  I don't
really think that will help, because power management
in Windows is a can of worms. Consider yourself
lucky when it works right.  My Win98SE problem with
power management also concerns the monitor shut-off
time.  I have no problem getting it to remember the
setting between boots, but it INTERFERES with
the boot process (causes a blue screen on shutdown,
necessitating manual shut-off and turn-on of the power
switch).  I have tried replacing the pertinent files in case they
were corrupt, and making sure there was no BIOS conflict,
to no avail.  This, or some similar problem, happens a lot
to people using Windows power saving.  You are going to
have to either settle for resetting it every time or turning it off
completely. If you actually find a fix, I'd sure like to hear
about it.