[24hoursupport] Re: Possible deletions.

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:17:31 -0800

Hi Bren,
I think those are the backup unistallers for Microsoft patches.
Have you recently patched your computer with MS patched?

You can right click on the file the file and choose 'Properties' to find out
more about them.

Normally you are safe to discard files beginning with the $.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes virus page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 21/11/2003 at 6:45 PM bren CROXTALL wrote:

I am trying to tidy up pages on my computer, and have a couple of questions
please.
In Outlook Express/Inbox/File/SaveAS/My Docs/My Recent Docs....'Saved in
Windows'  there are over 20 titles as follows:

$NtUninstallK274649$  or with letter B or Q.

Am not sure how these items 'arrived' - what are they and
can they by safely deleted, please?

In Internet Explorer, can detail be deleted from the 'Address
Box' Just underneath the Toolbar?

Many thanks,

Bren.