[24hoursupport] Re: Ports and popular applications

  • From: "Sin" <DanOzuna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:37:05 -0800

Thanks Douglas & Mike,

This is exactly the type of info I was looking for. Yes, you can filter
ports on a router. You can do port triggering, forwarding/redirection and
open specific ports and port ranges. You can also permit or deny internet
access to certain computers and set up VPN connections. On top of all that
you also get a built in hardware FireWall.

Thanks again

Sin