[24hoursupport] Re: Ports and popular applications

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:41:44 -0800

Hi Sin,
here is a good site;
and;
http://www.sans.org/y2k/ports.htm

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 18/03/2004 at 4:41 PM Sin wrote:

Hi everyone
I recently purchased a LinkSys BEFSR41 (4 port) router. I am looking for a
web site that has a comprehensive list of ports that need to be opened on
the router for popular applications to work properly. Is it better to open
the ports, use port triggering, or redirection? Any info would be
appreciated.

Sin