[24hoursupport] Re: PayPal

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:18:23 -0800 (PST)

 Mike &Ron,
Okay I figured out how the scam works. They get you to go to their fake
paypal site, you find out there's not such email added, and you 'change your
password' at the fake site, and you log off, and nothing's really been
changed at your real paypal account but now they've got your unique email
address and password to access your real account. For some reason, their
linkdidn't work though. I'm up to here with this. I'm trying to figure out
how to cancel out of paypal but haven't figured out how yet.

Oe6

--- "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|" &= lt;...>

From: "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@f= reelists.org|" <...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:38:31 -0800
To: = ........................
Subject: [24hoursupport] Re: PayPal

Hi Oe,
Beware of pishing/phlishing scams!

It may be a false emai= l to obtain your personal data.

DO NOT click on any links.

ds= hield Dec 04
... RE: [Dshield] PayPal pishing ? Chuck Lewis; RE: [Dshiel= d] PayPal
pishing ? ... [Dshield]
Five arrested over phishing fraud (= Germany) Fergie (Paul Ferguson); Re ...

lists.virus.org/dshield-0412/ma= illist.html - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from lists.vir= us.org ]

Booming Web Scam
... Search. Computing Center. Booming = Web Scam. Phishing ... If it's not
spyware we have
to worry about, it= 's phishing (no, not pishing). Phishing ...
pcworld.about.com/news/Jun0= 92004id116186.htm - 25k - Cached - Similar
pages

broadband =3DBB Fo= rums =3DBB Security =3DBB PayPal PHISH Alert 12/10
READ!!...
... PayPal= is doing this to protect it's valued members from fraud and
scams. ... = reply to
Holyearth all PayPal pishing should be forwarded straight to : =
spoof@paypal
www.broadbandreports.com/ forum/remark,12078923~mod= e=3D3Dflat

Contact Pay pal with a phone number you know is from the= m not from the
email.

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR ***= ********
Editor M= ikesWhatsNews see a sample on my web page
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike=
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3D3Dsubscribe>
S= ee my Anti-Virus pages http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
<virusinfo= -request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3D3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support All= iance and OWTA Charter Member

******* Mike's REPLY SEPARATOR ****= *****

On 1/10/2005 at 10:46 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
PayPal just sent me a notice that "I just added someone with an email
= suffix of @yahoo.com" to my paypal account. I wrote them back I did no
such=
thing. I've heard bad stories about PayPal and resisted joining for yea= rs.
Can this 'yahoo' party access my bank account? My bank says I can re= verse
any charge within 90 days afterwards, but maybe I should cancel my= PayPal?
If it happened once, seems like it could happen again. I mean, = I have *no*
idea how that got on my account, and I checked my account st= atus and
there's no record of that email being in my records. This is wa= y creepy to
me.

Oe6

For a web-based membership managem= ent utility and information on list
policies, please see http://nibec.com/2= 4hoursupport/

=