[24hoursupport] Re: PayPal

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:38:31 -0800

Hi Oe,
Beware of pishing/phlishing scams!

It may be a false email to obtain your personal data.

DO NOT click on any links.

dshield Dec 04
... RE: [Dshield] PayPal pishing ? Chuck Lewis; RE: [Dshield] PayPal
pishing ? ... [Dshield]
Five arrested over phishing fraud (Germany) Fergie (Paul Ferguson); Re ...
lists.virus.org/dshield-0412/maillist.html - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from lists.virus.org ]

Booming Web Scam
... Search. Computing Center. Booming Web Scam. Phishing ... If it's not
spyware we have
to worry about, it's phishing (no, not pishing). Phishing ...
pcworld.about.com/news/Jun092004id116186.htm - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

broadband =BB Forums =BB Security =BB PayPal PHISH Alert 12/10 READ!! ...
... PayPal is doing this to protect it's valued members from fraud and
scams. ... reply to
Holyearth all PayPal pishing should be forwarded straight to : spoof@paypal
www.broadbandreports.com/ forum/remark,12078923~mode=3Dflat

Contact Pay pal with a phone number you know is from them not from the
email.

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 1/10/2005 at 10:46 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

PayPal just sent me a notice that "I just added someone with an email
suffix of @yahoo.com" to my paypal account. I wrote them back I did no such
thing. I've heard bad stories about PayPal and resisted joining for years.
Can this 'yahoo' party access my bank account? My bank says I can reverse
any charge within 90 days afterwards, but maybe I should cancel my PayPal?
If it happened once, seems like it could happen again. I mean, I have *no*
idea how that got on my account, and I checked my account status and
there's no record of that email being in my records. This is way creepy to
me.

Oe6