[24hoursupport] P3 went dead

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 11 Jul 2004 20:15:36 -0000

My P3 500 went dead I think from a bad ram chip I tried in it. I got a mssg
that said 'memory error  # (and a little sign like a house, a five-sided
thingie) 8, 0000:0082.' Then it said it was shutting down to save data, and it
won't even power up anymore. I think its the mobo, but I'm only guessing. What
do you think?

If it is the mobo, what mobo would you suggest for a replacement and where
could I get it?

Or; can I pop the P3 500 cpu into my P2 mobo?