[24hoursupport] Re: OT- Can you guys help here ???

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:34:01 -0700

Sorry I'm coming in cold here, but it sounds to me like you're
not fdisking your hard drive first to check all partitions. Also,
you are doing this all through DOS, right? With fdisk/format
there would be no registry to restore or come back. The reinstall
would be clean unless your install medium is somehow corrupt.
It's true that some computers use hidden partitions for restore
purposes, but they would show up in fdisk, where they could be
removed.

I would reinstall the operating system, software, firewall,
spyware programs before even thinking about going back on line.

Then again, you could always switch over to Linux (lol). -- douglas