[24hoursupport] Re: OK, how did the spammers do THAT?

  • From: "Beaney, Derek" <Derek.Beaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:21:49 -0400

interesting... I can only think of three ways they could have done that.

1. is your yahoo mail pop3 or web-based (yahoo offers both)
2. when you have gone to the yahoo mail site.. have you done it in a window
that was a porn page/ pop up? (I used to have a program on my web page that
told me where ppl had come from and what site they visited after they left)
3. spyware.. (probly the most likely culprit) easy to get rid of .. use
spybot and ad-aware to kill it