[24hoursupport] OK, how did the spammers do THAT?

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:17:46 -0500

I just received about a dozen spam emails in my Yahoo account for a
porno site. Nothing too unusual about that, unfortunately, but these
spams are different. The message includes the IP address of my router.

It does not appear that there is a JavaScript pulling my current IP
and sticking it in the message.

I can see how they could have gotten my IP somewhere, and I can see
how they could've gotten my Yahoo address, but both together? I
don't recall using my yahoo address for anything in months.

Very strange, and I admit to being a little perplexed how they did it.