[24hoursupport] Re: OE 5.5.

  • From: "bls" <Brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:17:44 -0000

I don't think you can or should delete OE per se, but that menu that comes
up when you choose the repair tool also gives the option to return to a
previous Windows configuration, which would get you back to the version of
IE and OE that you had before.  From there, you could reinstall IE 5.5.  By
the way, if you choose this option, I think you'll only get to do so once.
This has been my experience.  When I reinstalled IE 5.5, the option to
choose the previous Windows configuration was greyed out from then on.

Before all that, have you tried scandisk?  Or system file checker to see if
something has become corrupted?

Brenna