[24hoursupport] Re: No sounds

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:17:24 -0500

Bruce,
Playing sound files and Audio CD's are two different tasks that might
have different resolutions.  Have you checked the device manager for
problems with the device itself?  The first thing you want to know about
problems playing CD's is whether or not you have the audio cable plugged
into your motherboard.  There is a cable that runs from the CD drive to
the motherboard and if that is not plugged in you will not be able to
hear CD's through your speakers.  A good way to test this is to plug a
headset into the CD player.  Can you hear the CD' playing? If so, then
the cable is your problem.  That said, the next thing you want to look
at is your advanced sound properties.  Double click on the speaker icon
in your system tray.  When the volume control comes up, check the menu
options for "Advanced" options.  Look for anything that is muted or has
volume turned all the way down.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1