[24hoursupport] Re: Nice tip

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:44:01 -0400

Heh. I think I'd have to call that one an 'Easter egg'. It doesn't work in
WinXP (just brings up explorer), and as has been pointed out the 'show
desktop' icon on the quicklaunch bar only takes one click. Any decent macro
program will allow you to assign this to a single keypress - I use
alt-space in Macro Express.

A much better idea is to not put any icons on your desktop. What good are
they if you gotta move windows to get to them? With an auto-hide
always-on-top taskbar they're all a single click away on the quicklaunch
bar no matter what you're running.

>Here 's a nice tip for you folks.
>To access the icons on your desktop without having to close all of the
>open windows, select the Start menu, Run, then type a period (.) with no
>parenthesis, and press Enter
>Source:    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,14464,00.asp

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at