[24hoursupport] Re: Nice tip

  • From: "Allen Frank" <allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:23:06 -0700

Not likely - The quicklaunch bar was only available on Win95 (and NT, for that
matter) if you have installed IE4 *and* allowed it to install the "Desktop
Updates".  These updates were removed from IE5 and above - presuambly because
the quicklaunch bar functionality was included in Win98 and above and 2000 and
up.

I keep an old IE4.1 install Cd around just for that purpose - I sometimes still
have to set up NT Workstations at work, and my life is much easier if all of
the desktops look the same.....

Allen