[24hoursupport] Re: New Q on ISA NIC

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:56:46 -0500

>The ISA NIC says 16 bit but the system is 32.  I have managed to get on
>the home network but can not get onto the inet (with the rebuilt one).  I
>suspect I have some other problem here.  Any suggestions?  (This same NIC
>worked fine in the 586 which I just removed from my network.)

Hello Kit,

ISA devices are 8 or 16-bit, PCI devices are 8, 16, or 32-bit (mostly
32-bit since that was the main point of going to PCI). That in itself
shouldn't be a problem.

The fact that you can see the home network proves beyond question that the
NIC is functioning correctly. The problem of not being able to connect to
the Internet from that machine has to be somewhere else. Is this machine
the gateway machine, or do you have a router?

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at