[24hoursupport] New Generation of AVG Free Edition to Replace Current 6.0 Free Edition

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:38:51 -0700

New Generation of AVG Free Edition to Replace Current 6.0 Free Edition
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/5443/lng/us
GRISOFT is pleased to announce that the next generation of AVG Free will be
available soon!

The new AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition, which is currently available for Beta
testing, is scheduled to be Generally Available at the beginning of
November.

All current AVG 6.0 Free users will be able to upgrade to the new AVG Free
Edition before December 31, 2004 or purchase the full AVG Anti-Virus
protection at any time.

AVG Anti-Virus 6.0 FREE Edition will be discontinued on December 31, 2004,
and virus database and program updates for this edition will no longer be
available.

In order to provide sufficient time to upgrade to the new AVG Free, all AVG
Anti-Virus 6.0 Free users will be informed through the update process in the
coming weeks about the availability of the upgrade.

GRISOFT continues to provide improved overall computer security by providing
free anti-virus tool for home users.We are excited about the new release of
AVG Free and think that you will be, too!

Thank you for using AVG Free!

The GRISOFT Team

- October 27, 2004 -
*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member