[24hoursupport] Re: Netscape

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:14:44 -0500

Hello Roland,

Try the BCC (or blind carbon copy) field. You can send the message
actually "To" yourself, and put your list of other recipients into the
BCC field. It will appear to each of the recipients that the message
came from you to them and them alone. They will not be able to see the
other recipients of the message.

This is only practical for a relatively small number of recipients,
and be careful using it because some ISPs will consider more than a
certain number of messages sent in one go like that as spam and stop
them from being sent. Also, ZoneAlarm Pro has a filter that watches
for multiple emails sent at once as a precaution against mass-mailing
worms.

Finally, to explain to the group why I'm not asking about
possible spamming as I have on other similar messages, I happen to
know this user and know he is not planning on spamming :)

HTH,

Ron

Sunday, October 12, 2003, 11:36:24 AM, you wrote:
ysc> Does anyone know of a way to send the same email to multiple addresses
ysc> without each seeing who the other is (as if it was to each one only and
ysc> no other) using Netscape, or failing that, something else? Thank you.

ysc> Roland