[24hoursupport] Re: Netiquette; smilie :)

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:21:08 -0800 (PST)

 Hi Mike,
I see you're doing basically what I described; giving positive mention (why
would I want to bother making negative mention of someone and giving a
link?)of a web site, and a link to get there. By the way, you may want to
double-check your date meter...:)

Here is= an interesting link about 'netiquette' on giving interesting links;
http://www.fau.edu/netiquette/net/permission.txt

--- "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|" <...> =

From: "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxx= g|" <...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:37:22 -0800
To: ...........= .............
Subject: [24hoursupport] Re: Netiquette; smilie :)

=
Hi Oe,
I try to give credit when I post something from the web, and= send a copy to
the person.
Check the web page to see if the material= is copyrighted.

See sample of how I do it on my web page<G>
I use plain text so the smilies don't work.
It is probably the re= sult of a javascript/applet on the web page.

Mike ~ It is a good day= if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews see ~ http://www.mwn.= ca
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
= See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_p= age.htm>
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>A Technical Support
Alliance &OWTA Charter Member

******* Mi= ke's REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 1/28/2005 at 9:10 PM 0e60wq102@sn= eakemail.com wrote:

I have two questions.
First, if you have a we= b site, is it alright to mention what someone else
has posted, not actua= lly posting it, but giving the link to their site,
without asking them? = I'm a little 'gray' on this, so please don't get
upset. If I already was= sure, I wouldn't bother asking.

Secondly. I like the old-fashioned = smilie, made of a colon and a right
parenthesis. I don't care so much fo= r the yellow-faced gif it translates
into. Is there some way to frame th= e colon and right parenthesis in some
kind of brackets, to prevent the e= mail engine from translating it into a
gif?

Thank you.

Oe6=

For a web-based membership management utility and information o= n list

To unsub= scribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "uns= ubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.

=