[24hoursupport] Re: Netiquette; smilie :)

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:49:53 EST

In a message dated 1/28/2005 4:30:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Secondly. I like the old-fashioned smilie, made of a colon and a right
parenthesis. I don't care so much for the yellow-faced gif it translates into.
Is
there some way to frame the colon and right parenthesis in some kind of
brackets, to prevent the email engine from translating it into a gif?

Yes, type it backwards.  (-:  I've noticed that if I type it this way :-) in
a chat it becomes the gif, but if I type it the other way it stays how I type
it.

                            Dale