[24hoursupport] Re: Netiquette; smilie :)

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:37:22 -0800

Hi Oe,
I try to give credit when I post something from the web, and send a copy to
the person.
Check the web page to see if the material is copyrighted.

See sample of how I do it on my web page<G>

I use plain text so the smilies don't work.
It is probably the result of a javascript/applet on the web page.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 1/28/2005 at 9:10 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have two questions.
First, if you have a web site, is it alright to mention what someone else
has posted, not actually posting it, but giving the link to their site,
without asking them? I'm a little 'gray' on this, so please don't get
upset. If I already was sure, I wouldn't bother asking.

Secondly. I like the old-fashioned smilie, made of a colon and a right
parenthesis. I don't care so much for the yellow-faced gif it translates
into. Is there some way to frame the colon and right parenthesis in some
kind of brackets, to prevent the email engine from translating it into a
gif?

Thank you.

Oe6