[24hoursupport] Re: Need guidance on CD-RW

  • From: our kitty <sweetiepie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:45:53 -0500

The cache buffer is set to 768 kb, the maximum allowable in the
miniwindow slider, in the cd-burner software, which is Easy CD Creator
3.5C (263).

I ruined another cd-r trying to run an audio recording, and the
following error mssgs are always the same;
T7303: Track Writer error - Undefined or invalid parameter.
T7303 (repeat)
T7118: Track Writer error: Command retry failed
D0100: I/O error (05/2C/00) Comand error - commands not issued.

It suggested there may be a faulty or disconnected cable between the pc
and cd-writer.  The cd-writer used to work, and I don't recall ever
disconnecting anything, but I will try to search out the cables when the
machine is off and see if I can see anything obviously disconnected.

Roland

Ron Allen wrote:

> Hello Roland,
>
> What kind of error messages are you getting?
>
> If you are getting buffer underrun errors, you might need to save an image
> and then burn from the image. That is a common problem. What cd mastering
> software are you using? If not myself, someone on this list, I'm sure,
> knows how to create and burn from images using almost any mastering
> software.
>
> HTH,
>
> Ron

> On 4/27/2002 at 5:46 PM our kitty wrote:
>
> >My cd-writer stopped writing and I'm almost certain it's not broken.
> >It's a HP cd-writer plus 7200 series internal.  The pc is a Pentium Pro
> >166mhz with 98 megs ram.  I just get error mssgs.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.