[24hoursupport] Re: Need Bad Web Sites (really!)

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:53:08 -0500

Remember, edit replies.

>I'm curious. Are you going to work with the site owner or just do this as
>an
>excercise? It would be a shame to do all that work and let it go to waste.
>On the other hand, I would like to meet the diplomat who talks the owner
>into a re-design.

The idea is to just do it as an exercise, but I had the same thoughts you
did. I hate to see the work we'll be doing, well, not go to waste, exactly,
but be just an intellectual exercise. On the other hand, I'm not sure how
the matter could be approached with the site owner without causing offense,
at the very least.

I may bring the issue up to the group or perhaps the entire class. Part of
the class is the ethics of web design and use, and I've had some mild
misgivings about this use of a third-party web site from the beginning. The
work was assigned by the teacher, and so I must presume that it is both
legal and ethical to "borrow" a web site in this way for class work. Still,
in a way this doesn't quite "feel right" to me.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at