[24hoursupport] Need Bad Web Sites (really!)

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 00:17:34 -0500

Hey group,

I've been assigned a project for class to find a web site that is need of a
serious makeover and then to design the new version of the site.

The site MUST be a commercial web site, but not necessarily a large,
well-known company. Also, the teacher isn't dumb and has specifically
disallowed any sites to be found on http://www.websitesthatsuck.com
unfortunately.

I'm finding it difficult, believe it or not, to find commercial web sites
that are really not well designed. Anyone know of any?

The web site need not be really awful, just in need of a makeover and
contain some flaws that can be pointed out and corrected. Poor navigation
design, ugly and uninformative home pages, too much razzle-dazzle and not
enough substance, etc.

If anyone has a commercial web site they would like to possibly have
reviewed and suggestions made by a college class led by a professional
writer/web page designer, this is your chance to have it done for free :)

Thanks for any help.

Ron

ps This is sort of off-topic, I know. It's computer related, in a way, but
not really in the way this group is normally thought of. I don't see this
sort of thing becoming a habit with me; after this semester, I'm on to
actual programming and math classes. So if anyone finds this to be too far
afield, please excuse. I'm just having problems finding suitable sites and
hope to get a little of the friendly help this group is known for :) Thanks
again.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at