[24hoursupport] NTFS vs FAT32

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:46:45 -0600

I have installed Windows XP using NTFS file structure. Some of my older
programs do not work. I am unsure if this is because of NTFS or Windows XP
compatibility. If a program worked in FAT32 using Windows ME, but does not work
using NTFS with Windows XP, might it work with Windows XP using FAT32. I like
Windows XP and will continue to use it regardless. Currently, I use a dual boot
system, one partition in NTFS and Windows XP and one in FAT32 and Windows 98
but I find this a pain. Thanks.

L.J.E.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at