[24hoursupport] Re: NIC Gateway or Router (Ron)

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:46:02 -0500

>But then again, if you read all the posts from Peggie, you will know that
>the router is the hardest thing in networking to come about. I just spent
>another three hours trying to get mine to work.

Hello Peggie,

I'm sorry, but I don't remember seeing any recent messages from you about
router trouble :( If I had seen them, I would have tried to help, although
that really isn't my true area of expertise.

It really surprised me when I plugged in my router and that was all it
took. I have a NetGear RT314 router, for whatever that may be worth. Set
all the machines to accept DCHP IP assignments, and that was it, it has
worked perfectly since -- thank goodness.

If you have problems, please let us know. I'm in and out, on and off a lot
but there are some here who know a great deal more than I do about such
things.

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at