[24hoursupport] Re: Mysterious rebooting

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:03:26 -0400

Paul,
I was plauged with this (still am in fact) for a long time before I was
able to pin down the source of the problem.  I leave my PC on all the
time and a few months ago I started realizing that the PC had re-booted
while I wasn't around.  I tested everything I could, cleaned things up,
took everything out of startup, made sure nothing was running when I
left the PC, and none of that seemed to stop the occassional re-boot.  I
was unable to determine any kind of pattern.  Then one Saturday when I
was at home and working on the PC, it suddenly dropped out on me and
rebooted.  I also noticed that all the lights in my house flickered as
well.  It was only about a half second, but it was enough to cause the
PC to re-boot.  Once I started noticing this, I would go and check my pc
everytime I saw the lights flicker and sure enough the pc was rebooting.
I don't have critical things on this pc so I have not gone out to get a
UPC device.  I don't know if your problem is the same or not, but it
certainly could be caused by a power fluctuation.  A UPC device should
cure that if it is.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1