[24hoursupport] Mysterious rebooting

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:54:29 -0700

Lately, I have been returning to my computer after a couple of
hours or more to find it has rebooted in my absence. I know this
because the Zone Alarm and Clip Mate screens are visible and
they are set to open whenever I reboot deliberately.

I defrag and run a maintenance program each Friday night. And
I may purge my temp and internet files oftener if they need it.
I have noticed no other aberrations when operating my PC. I use
WIN98 SE on a three year old Compaq Presario 5030. My HD is
presently less than 50% filled.

What advice do you have for the possible causes of my problem
and how to fix it?

Paul King

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at