[24hoursupport] Re: Moving files from WIN98se to WINxp

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:07:21 -0700

Installing the drive in the new computer is a good idea; however, you
could also get a drive caddy that hooks to the usb port on your dell. If
you have the money to get a device like this, it's really useful. You
could put a hard drive, cdrom/dvd drive, etc. in it for this kind of
work.  CompUSA sells a couple of different types--their own, and others.
I have a Micro Plus MP-320 around $60 - $70. I don't know if your old
computer has usb capabilities, but your new one certainly will. CD-rw
drives are cheap nowadays; a combination of drive caddy with cd-rw drive
in it would allow you to burn your data if your old computer has usb.
You could also buy a cheap cdrw drive to install in your old
computer--around $20-30. Lots of options, but moving the hard drive
might be best/least expensive. -- d