>>Does the mouse or receiver have a small battery similar to a watch battery? The mouse has a radio transmitter which must have power from somewhere. You don't get "sumpin for nuttin" . It sounds like the mouse has lain around long enough for the battery to die from heat or cold or age. << The mouse uses two AA batteries. The first thing I did was put in fresh ones. The receiver plugs into the tower and doesn't have batteries. Michele For a web-based membership management utility and information on list policies, please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/ To unsubscribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.