[24hoursupport] Mouse problem

  • From: "Jim Harris" <hhlake@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:07:22 -0600

Sorry, I didn't get the mail saying you had changed the batteries "til later.
Check the serial ports properties, if windows will tell you anything. I had a
ps2 port just die on an IBM board and it turned out to be the keyboard/mouse
BIOS chip which was plug-in. I didn't have a spare MB to swipe one from so I
just resigned myself to using a serial mouse.   Jim Harris

Several months ago I bought a new Gateway system with XP.  It came with a
Logitech mouse which I installed and used up until a couple weeks ago.  Then
I decided I wanted to use the cordless Logitech mouse I had on hand so I
installed that.  I connected the receiver to the mouse port with an adapter
and had been using the cordless mouse with no problems until yesterday when
it suddenly stopped functioning.

Can an adaptor or a mouse port suddenly "go bad"?   Does anyone have any
idea what's going on here?