[24hoursupport] Re: Mouse problem

  • From: "Jim Harris" <hhlake@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:55:00 -0600

Does the mouse or receiver have a small battery similar to a watch battery? The 
mouse has a radio transmitter which must have power from somewhere. You don't 
get "sumpin for nuttin" . It sounds like the mouse has lain around long enough 
for the battery to die from heat or cold or age.  JIM HARRIS

    P.S. The USB port has power so could be the receiver battery if it has one.

Several months ago I bought a new Gateway system with XP.  It came with a
Logitech mouse which I installed and used up until a couple weeks ago.  Then
I decided I wanted to use the cordless Logitech mouse I had on hand so I
installed that.  I connected the receiver to the mouse port with an adapter
and had been using the cordless mouse with no problems until yesterday when
it suddenly stopped functioning.

Can an adaptor or a mouse port suddenly "go bad"?   Does anyone have any
idea what's going on here?

For a web-based membership management utility and information on list policies, 
please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 
"unsubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.

Other related posts: