[24hoursupport] Re: Mouse Problems

  • From: Ray <Ray2047@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:00:02 -0600

Sorry I couldn't help more. Hopefully someone here with
more experience and knowledge will jump in and help. I do
not recommend it because it may not be needed but at this
point I would considerer doing a reinstall of the OS.
First a reinstall over the existing OS so you don't loose
files and settings and if that didn't work a clean install
  formatting the disk first.

If you do either make sure you have a backup of all files
that you have verified to be good. As I said though this
is a drastic step and there may be a simpler answer.

As to ISPs I perhaps had a bit of oldtimers kneejerk
reaction to AOL but frankly it is over priced compared to
other nationals and there is really no reason to put any
extra software on your computer to use an ISP. In all
fairness while the AOL software in the past has been
notorious for causing problems and almost impossible to
remove newer versions are better.

(Despite what AOL might say getting on the Internet even
if you manually setup your dial up. I had never used a
computer in my life the first time I used the Wizard in
Windows to set up a connection and had no real problem.)

Access4Less is perhaps one of the cheapest large national
ISP at $6.95/ month for unlimited service but there are
may other out there. I use a local ISP that charges
$9.95/month my but there are other national and local just
as cheap in my area. I use access4free as a backup since
the first 10hours per month or free (max charge
$9.95/month)and found service to be good. You can check
out the forums on other under 10$ ISPs at
www.freedomlist.com for for information on ISPs.

Even if none of these are in your area traditionally local
ISPs charge $19.95 a month and don't put any extra
software that may interact adversely with other programs
on your computer. That's still less the AOL and you can
still use AOL instant messenger even without an AOL account.