Several months ago I bought a new Gateway system with XP. It came with a Logitech mouse which I installed and used up until a couple weeks ago. Then I decided I wanted to use the cordless Logitech mouse I had on hand so I installed that. I connected the receiver to the mouse port with an adapter and had been using the cordless mouse with no problems until yesterday when it suddenly stopped functioning. I had just changed the batteries last week and the low battery warning hadn't appeared but the red light in the mouse was out so batteries were my first thought. I changed them and the mouse still didn't work. I shut down using the arrow keys and hooked up the mouse with the cord using the adaptor and the mouse port. Still nothing. So I shut down again and hooked up the same mouse without the adaptor using a USB port. Now it works fine. Can an adaptor or a mouse port suddenly "go bad"? Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? Michele For a web-based membership management utility and information on list policies, please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/ To unsubscribe, send a blank email to 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in the subject.