[24hoursupport] Mouse Problem

  • From: "Michele" <michele@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:42:00 -0600

Several months ago I bought a new Gateway system with XP.  It came with a
Logitech mouse which I installed and used up until a couple weeks ago.  Then
I decided I wanted to use the cordless Logitech mouse I had on hand so I
installed that.  I connected the receiver to the mouse port with an adapter
and had been using the cordless mouse with no problems until yesterday when
it suddenly stopped functioning.

I had just changed the batteries last week and the low battery warning
hadn't appeared but the red light in the mouse was out so batteries were my
first thought.  I changed them and the mouse still didn't work.  I shut down
using the arrow keys and hooked up the mouse with the cord using the adaptor
and the mouse port.  Still nothing.  So I shut down again and hooked up the
same mouse without the adaptor using a USB port.  Now it works fine.

Can an adaptor or a mouse port suddenly "go bad"?   Does anyone have any
idea what's going on here?

Michele