[24hoursupport] Re: Monitor won't turn on

  • From: David Matthew Wood <dmwood78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 13:07:26 -0500

Stupid question (and I probably miss something in your post), but did
you ever try removing the new RAM and reinstalling the old RAM to see
if it still boots up under its original configuration?  That would
have been my first step in troubleshooting.  Don't assume the CPU is
bad just because someone tells you it is.  There are many things that
can cause this problem.

>Hi again, about the monitor, it still isn't working.  There are no
>beeps, just whining and whirring when I start it up.  I checked the
>connectors for the monitor and they seem okay (I hope).  The guy who
>I bought the computer from said I will have to replace the processor
>b/c it is burned out, so that's what I'll do.  This is going to be
>my first time and I hope I don't mess anything else up.  The
>computer was working fine when I first got it.  It just got messed
>up after I tried to take out the EDO and use SDRAM instead.  I
>thought the SDRAM I had was incompatible, but the new ones that were
>supposed to be compatible didn't help either.  From what I know of
>the computer, it's an Intel chipset 266MHz processor, Win 95, about
>2GB memory and it was about 32MB RAM (?)  don't remember.  Doesn't
>really matter anyway since I can't get anything to come up.  I will
>check closely again to see if there are any bent pins or if the
>video card is really okay.  Thanks for your help everyon
>  e!

>Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
>http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at