[24hoursupport] Monitor won't turn on

  • From: Lene Pagsuguiron <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 22:26:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi again, about the monitor, it still isn't working.  There are no beeps, just
whining and whirring when I start it up.  I checked the connectors for the
monitor and they seem okay (I hope).  The guy who I bought the computer from
said I will have to replace the processor b/c it is burned out, so that's what
I'll do.  This is going to be my first time and I hope I don't mess anything
else up.  The computer was working fine when I first got it.  It just got
messed up after I tried to take out the EDO and use SDRAM instead.  I thought
the SDRAM I had was incompatible, but the new ones that were supposed to be
compatible didn't help either.  From what I know of the computer, it's an Intel
chipset 266MHz processor, Win 95, about 2GB memory and it was about 32MB RAM
(?)  don't remember.  Doesn't really matter anyway since I can't get anything
to come up.  I will check closely again to see if there are any bent pins or if
the video card is really okay.  Thanks for your help everyone!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at