[24hoursupport] Re: Modem

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 00:07:58 EST

In a message dated 2/2/03 2:25:45 PM Central Standard Time, hhlake@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I cannot turn off the modem, (no switch) except by unplugging its power
supply, but this doesn't help

 Any advice is appreciated, even a DOS batchfile to close com 2. Thanks,  >>

    Possibly the modem is not "hanging up". There is
a DOS command to force it to (seems like it has "AT"
in the command), but I don't remember specifically
what the command is. Maybe someone else on the
list will remember it. Gary
(It might have been something like "Echo AT   "
where something is supposed to follow the "AT".)
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at