[24hoursupport] Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:33:55 -0700

What You Should Know About Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-040 (828750)
Security Update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-040.asp

October 3, 2003

Severity Level  CRITICAL

Why We Are Issuing This Update
A number of security issues have been identified in Microsoft=AE Internet
Explorer that could allow an attacker to compromise a Microsoft
Windows=AE-based system and then take a variety of actions. For example, an
attacker could run programs on your computer when you are viewing a Web
page. This vulnerability affects all computers that have Internet Explorer
installed. (You do not have to be using Internet Explorer as your Web
browser to be affected by this issue.) You should help protect your computer
by installing this update from Microsoft.

Products Affected by This Update
Internet Explorer 5.01
Internet Explorer 5.5
Internet Explorer 6.0
Note  Windows and Internet Explorer share components. You should apply this
update if you have Internet Explorer 5.01 or later. Earlier versions are not
supported and may or may not be affected. Users with earlier versions are
strongly encouraged to upgrade.
 ++ There is more on the web site
.
http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 03/10/03
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member