[24hoursupport] Message Trimming

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:56:04 -0600

Hello Group,

It's important for everyone to trim their messages. What I mean by that is,=
 when you reply to a message you need to cut out as much of the previous=
 message as possible.

You should delete such things as the previous sender's signature, the=
 footer that the list mailing system adds to each message about how to=
 unsubscribe, and anything else that isn't relevant to your reply.

The moderators and I are discussing this issue and are now working out a=
 clear set of trimming guidelines and a clear explanation of why trimming=
 is important, which we will make available to everyone.

We are also discussing how best to handle this issue in the future.

In the past, we have, from time to time, rejected messages to this list and=
 asked the sender, privately, to trim and resend the message. We will very=
 likely continue to do this in one form or another. If you receive such a=
 request from one of the moderators (Christy, Mike, Spider, or myself),=
 please don't take it personally and please do trim and resend the message.

Thank you for your cooperation on this.

Ron Allen
List Owner

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at