[24hoursupport] Re: ME to DOS

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:45:15 -0500

She can make a bootdisk if her machine still works. Or make one on any
Win9x computer nearby. Or download one from http://www.bootdisk.com/. Then
make sure her bios is set to boot from floppy. Or from her WinME cdrom (?).

But if she wasn't able to figure that out on her own she probably shouldn't
be formatting the drive herself. I mean, what's she going to do once it's
formatted?

>How do you get to DOS from a computer that has ME in it?  My sister is
>having trouble and I have XP in my system so I can't figure it out.
>
>They need to re-format their drive.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/