[24hoursupport] Re: Loss of Desktop Shortcut Icons after MS Security Updates

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:12:28 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I'm on my Linux system right now because my WinXP system is trashed. My
allocation tables are all messed up. I believe you can easily add icons by
dragging them from your start menu. I'm not sure, but you might be able to
select individual programs in the list using ctrl - left-click on the ones you
want and then drag the list to the desktop. Sorry I can't check it myself right
now. Good luck. -- d