[24hoursupport] Re: Loss of Desktop Shortcut Icons after MS Security Upda...

  • From: "Jerry G. Harris" <jgharris@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 03:20:26 -0600

Gary -

Normally when I have a new program and/or have revised a program or wish
to work on a specific program all one has to do is to drag & drop it on
the desktop and it will remain until you physically remove it.  I have
tried to accomplish this simple task with the list of previously desktop
shortcut Icons but am refused.  They will no longer remain on the desktop
as they did before.

This is the meaning of " the desktop will not accept them".

If you have further thoughts I will be happy to try them... I would
really like to get back where I was once.

Jerry