[24hoursupport] Re: Lockup on boot/BIOS screen

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:54:57 +1000

I had something simular and it had two sticks of RAM and one was faulty.
So I suggest that you try some different  RAM

I have a problem with my mom's computer. The system is a Pentium 2,
300MHz, 128MB RAM. It was working fine, in fact I just reformatted and
reinstalled Windows ME last week. A new BIOS battery was installed
about three weeks ago.

Tonight my mom informed me that she was having a problem. I checked it
out for her, and it's something I haven't seen before. The machine
appears to start booting normally, the RAM check completes, and then
it just freezes and won't complete the boot process.

Any suggestions on what to try/where to look?

Thanks,

please see
http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/

"unsubscribe"