[24hoursupport] Lockup on boot/BIOS screen

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ron Allen <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:30:00 -0600

I have a problem with my mom's computer. The system is a Pentium 2,
300MHz, 128MB RAM. It was working fine, in fact I just reformatted and
reinstalled Windows ME last week. A new BIOS battery was installed
about three weeks ago.

Tonight my mom informed me that she was having a problem. I checked it
out for her, and it's something I haven't seen before. The machine
appears to start booting normally, the RAM check completes, and then
it just freezes and won't complete the boot process.

Any suggestions on what to try/where to look?

Thanks,