[24hoursupport] Re: Kernel 32.dll

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:12:10 -0800

Hi Elaine,
Take a look at this site it explains a lot about it;
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/6883/kernel32.html
Quote;
EXPLORER.EXE has caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:04500018
Don't worry if you don't understand anything of this purely technical
information, but there is one important bit here that can give you an
indication of what is going wrong: the 'address' of the crash. The address
is the location in your computer memory where the crash occurred, in this
example 015f:04500018. If this address keeps returning, there may well be
something wrong with the RAM. (In that case, invalid page faults would also
be caused in modules other than kernel32.dll.) To test the memory, you could
insert a command line in your Config.sys file, located on your primary drive
(usually C:\). Simply open this file in Notepad and insert:

device=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS /TESTMEM:ON

The next time you boot, you could get a message that HIMEM has detected
unreliable memory at a certain address, and this address could be the same
as the one in your error messages. Maybe this detection will not happen
immediately, it could take a few days, or it may never happen, in spite of
an actual memory fault.

For what it's worth, we can tell you the following about the rest of the
'details':
- Registers: values of the register of the processor at the moment of the
crash.
- Bytes in CS:EIP: value of the current instruction.
- Stack dump: the route that caused the program to crash.

Technical support services will be interested in this data, so write them
down if you get repeated error messages that look more or less identical.
++ There is more on the web site.
_______________________________________

Errors WAOL... in module KERNEL32.DLL
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/waol.htm#ERRKERNEL32.DLL
Indications of Virus Infection from the W32/KRIZ Viruses
You may receive an error message related to the Krized.tt6 file. The error
message may look similar to any of the following error messages:
waol caused an invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282997 (W95/98/se/ME Aug. 6, 2002)

I hope this helps.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 06/01/2003 at 12:52 AM Elaine wrote:

Please could some explain to me why every now and again my computer crashes
and it says it has a run kerndel32.dll error what is a kernel32.dll and can
I get rid of it.

Elaine

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at