[24hoursupport] Re: Kernel 32.dll

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:52:36 -0600

Hi Elaine,

>Please could some explain to me why every now and again my computer
>crashes and it says it has a run kerndel32.dll error what is a
>kernel32.dll and can I get rid of it.

Kernal32.dll is the heart of Windows, so you can't get rid of it :)

The "kernal" is the central program of the operating system. DOS, all=
 versions of Windows, Unix, all versions of Linux, etc. all have a kernal.=
 The kernal32.dll file is the 32-bit kernal for Windows from Windows 95 on.

Because it is so central to everything Windows does, you'll frequently get=
 error messages reported in kernal32.dll, even when the actual error was=
 caused by some other program.

The Windows knowledge base at http://windows.support.com has numerous=
 examples of kernal32.dll error messages and what their possible causes=
 are. You can look up the exact error message you're getting, or post it=
 here and one of us can try to help you troubleshoot it.

Can you identify some common element to the errors? In other words, do you=
 get the error while running the same program every time or after doing a=
 particular thing? What is the exact error message you're getting?

Also, we need to know the version of Windows you're running.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at