[24hoursupport] Re: KB trouble

  • From: Allen Hall <awhall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:18:55 -0700

Sorry, Ron and others.  I forgot to add that I tried 2 other keyboards and
got the same problem.  Also these 4 keys seem to work with a shift once in
a while but very seldom.  I haven't been able to associate the working or
non-working of the keys with any other program.  I have an XP OS.  I will
try to notice what other programs are running when these keys occasionally
work with a shift  and when they don't.  Many thanks for the input.

From: "Ron  Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: KB problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:32:09 -0500

Hi Allen,

I don't think this is a hardware keyboard problem. You can
type the unshifted characters OK, and the shift works with
other keys, so that means the keys themsleves are working.

What operating system, and what other programs are
running?