[24hoursupport] Re: Iwin.com mysteriously appears

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:44:20 -0500

** File was empty **

>It sounds as though you may have installed something that is spyware.
>You probably should download, install and run ad-aware.

Hi Spider, sometimes in IE6 the same sort of thing happens to me, except it
isn't iwin.com it's another site that pops up. When I use the back button,
sometimes, this site will pop up even though I haven't visited it in awhile
and definitely not in the then-current session. I've found that clearing
both the memory and the file cache seems to stop this happening for awhile,
but I aven't really put this to any kind of test so the operative word is
"seems".

I have and regularly run Pest Patrol and it regularly finds various spyware
cookies but it has yet to find actual spyware on my system.

Just another couple of datum points for you :)

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at